I've done this before, usually forget to post it but I read it generally every day at some point. I'm going to post it here for a few days, maybe the season, maybe never again, who knows. Anyway here is todays.
1925 - Two future Hall of Famers make their major league debuts for the A's in the same game. Lefty Grove starts against Boston and leaves in the fourth after walking four and striking out nobody. He gives up five runs on six hits. In the eighth, Mickey Cochrane pinch-hits for catcher Cy Perkins, singles, and stays in behind the plate while the A's go on to score nine runs in the last four innings to win 9-8 in ten innings. Grove, known as Groves in Baltimore, is also listed that way in the New York Times box score. Grove will become the first pitcher to lead the A.L. in strikeouts and walks in the same year.





Bookmarks